Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Don't Open the Door

Someone was knocking at the door last night. We did not recognize the person (we always peek through the blinds before opening the door) and told Kathie not to open it. She said she thought it was a neighbor and opened it. He asked if I lived there and she knew then that it was a process server for my photo radar ticket in January. Ouch. It cost us $241 to open the door last night. Dad said it was only fair for a scofflaw like me.

Speaking of Dad, he and Mom are heading to Lake Powell for the night. He came by after Chorale and borrowed my camera. They have a nice cruise tonight and a cool-sounding hike tomorrow to Rainbow Bridge, the largest arch in the world (I think that is what he said).

Speaking of thinking I understood what someone said, today's CoV is about what everyone is talking about with regards to AZ. This strip is not about the policy per se. It is more a silly statement on mislabeling buses to ship anyone that wants to CA (or is it really just to give them to the government and let them deal with it)? See, there are no real answers.

The director of the East Valley Chorale had us practice some Christmas songs last night. No, we are not really going to sing them yet. He is trying to determine what our Christmas program will include later in the year and wanted to hear the songs now. It was kind of fun. Maybe next week, we can sing Easter songs?

Not too many meetings today, so I hope to knock out some open tasks today. I also need to reschedule a meeting with the boss. We missed yesterday when he waited here at my desk and I went over to his building and waited at his desk. I think it is his fault since my meeting request had clearly stated "Location: Dan's Office." He would be Dan, you see.

Wow, my self-determined time for writing this post has passed, so I am getting of the blog bus. You are welcome to stay on, if you choose. Who knows, maybe it is like a trip to Disneyland for you? You know, the Happiest Place on Earth?

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Great. Now I'm stewing in jealousy over your parents' trip to a truly gorgeous place. Thanks for that.