Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One Day More

Whenever I think of the phrase "one more day," I hear it in my mind as Jean Val Jean singing One Day More from Les Miserables. That is easily one of my favorite musicals. I wouldn't mind seeing Wicked again, though. That is right up there.

Why am I on a musical kick? Oh yeah. I was going to write that today is our LOST day, and we will be one more day closer to the end. Will someone die tonight? I can hardly wait. It is also our Glee night, but I do not expect anyone to die on that one. And I heard that Chuck has been picked up for 13 episodes. I am not sure where they will take it, since the last few sure looked like end-of-life stuff.

Well, my DVR may be flooded with things to watch, but that is not what today's CoV is about.
I see both sides of this law in AZ, but that does not mean I shouldn't lampoon the situation in a comic. After all, I commented on Tiger's mess yesterday. And the TSA on Monday. No, I am not becoming a political cartoonist. Just a weirdo that tries to find the funny to feed my CoV habit.

Thanks to Dad for coming over and fixing our sprinkler system. There was a leak in the pipe that allowed water to spray the valve's electrical connections. So, they corroded a bit and no longer made contact. This meant that they never opened and our grass has been dying. So, the grass is now being watered, but the drip system has a clog somewhere. Dad thinks the juniper bush checked the tubing. Poor little tubing never hurt nobody. Just doing its job. And apparently, you are supposed to periodically check the drip heads to make sure they are not clogged. Who knew? So we may have to lay new tubing and drip heads.

I hear work calling. And that, my friends, is a sad way to end this, but nonetheless.

2 comments:

The Grandparents said...

I think it CHOKED the tubing. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking maybe it was like a "body check", but really wasn't too sure what he was going for. I did enjoy the CoV again, either you are changing or my mind is being warped by reading so many of your cartoons. I used to find only about 1/2 of them very funny, now, most of them!