Thursday, November 12, 2009

Marlon

Marlon is an unusual name, to be sure. When I hear it, I think of my trips to Scotland back in the 80s. One of the things I remember was how they enjoyed teasing me about my accent (because, of course, they don't have one). Anyway, one of their pet US peeves was that the name Marilyn and the state Maryland are pronounced pretty much the same over here. They pointed out that they would pronounce them Mahr'-lin and Merry-land. Fine, enough personal junk (you can't really say that, though, because it is my blog.
Alright. We are almost caught up on TV again, so we can get some serious LOST going this weekend. And we will have to if we are to keep up with our goal of being ready for the final season early 2010.

We have reached another Thursday, with the family Survivor get-together. Will Russell make it through another week? As obnoxious as he would really be in life, he does make for good TV and is great to hurl insults at during the program.

No comments: