Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Cartoon-Free Day - So Give Thanks

We have reached the beginning of the holiday season, at least here in the US. What better way to start than by giving thanks for everything we have. In fact, in some cases, we can give thanks for things we do not have, also. No one in our family has cancer, and that is a blessing. Dad is back to his usual jovial self. I have been cleared from being checked again for a whole year (I have been going in every six months).

So, I saw on Facebook that some family has arrived from NV. Lunch is planned for 12:30-1pm, somewhere in that range. Then, America's Team plays football at 2pm. Family, food, football - is there anything else needed? If so, it had better begin with the letter F to fit our theme.

I took a civics quiz. Have you tried it?
http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx
.
I answered 29 out of 33 correctly — 87.88 %. I missed #8, 12, 27, and 31.

Kathie is cooking away behind me and I am writing this silly blog. I definitely got the better deal.

Here is a view we do not have out our back window. It is Yankee Boy Basin near Ouray, CO. It will probably not reach 82F there today, either.

Here is a view we will almost certainly see this afternoon. Kendall is into Pops right now.

Here is another sight we might see today, if Kyle's sweet tooth kicks in.

And we will certainly see this sight if Mom brews some coffee after lunch.

Current photos counts of granddaughters - Bella has 2936 and Kendall has 1656.

1 comment:

The Grandparents said...

31 of 33. I missed # 10 and 33.