Monday, November 23, 2009

The Dryer From H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks?

Now see, all of us thought that the dryer saga was finished when we replaced the motor last week. No! It worked for three loads and then.... It looks like that new motor was broken, so Dad and I went and traded it out Saturday. So far, it is now working, but I guess I will keep my fingers peeled and my eyes crossed. I was going to call it the dryer from... well, you know, but I think that would be inappropriate. After all, if the dryer did come from there, it would work really well, right?

As you will discern from today's CoV, we rate projects by stoplight colors. So Green is good and Red is bad. That is what drives the central idea of easily recognizing the status of a project by its color.

We are almost to Thanksgiving, a day when we should all reflect on the blessings in our lives. It brings to mind a Carpenters song that Craig Hughes and his sister used to sing in choir concerts. It might be called Sometimes. Anyway, it goes

Sometimes, not often enough, we reflect upon the good things,
And those thoughts always center around those we love.
And I think about those people who mean so much to me,
And for so many years have made me so very happy.
And I count the times I have forgotten to say "Thank you"
And just how much I love them.


And last night at Chorale concert, the director told a story about a man who ate at an all-you-can-eat BBQ. When he went to leave, he found he had thrown his keys into the bin with all the trash and thrown-away food and used napkins. He ended up digging through it to find them and came away dirty and disgusted, but he had saved what he went in there for. The director compared this to Jesus, who left the beauty and glory of Heaven and came to a dirty earth for each of us.

The Lord has given me so much and I want to say thank you to Him and to all my loved ones. But not today. Oh no, then what would I do on Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

His "sister"? She has not her own name, yea verily, her own identity? Maybe you just couldn't recall it right away? I could provide hints if you like.