Thursday, August 27, 2009

Too Many Acronyms

Every job has its own set of acronyms. I imagine LPW's type of work has the most, but each of us deals with them all the time. Hence, today's cartoon...not at all inspired by the RIFs here at Apollo (see, there's a TLA for you).
I am getting a little nervous. Sure, I start with a different group next week, in a job that I do not even know what the expectations are, but that is not it. I want to tie up all the current projects very neatly for whomever picks them up so I look good and the work continues, but that is not why. No, I am down to a single CoV in my hopper (Oh yes, I do have a hopper).I have some ideas jotted down, but I have not fleshed them out into a humorous four-panel strip with a kicker at the end. I guess I will hope to do that on a day-to-day basis. Either that or, this coming Monday, you will not see my traditional morning post with your coffee. Your day will lose a little of its sunshine, a little of its luster. I pity each of us should that transpire. Sure, I could have written another comic in the time it took to tell you that I do not have time to write a strip, but that is not what this blog is about. Fine, just go write your own blog and/or comic strip. I've got a job to wind down for the next two days.

3 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Couldn't you just regale us with stories about your childhood with your siblings or your childhood with your college roommates until the inspiration returns?

Keith said...

Speaking of siblings, have you changed email addresses recently? I sent you a note a few days ago to which I have received no reply. Am I forced to use "blog-mail" (since phones are obviously out of the question)?

And speaking of "blog-mail," it may be a little Dilbertesque, but you could probably get a week's worth of material utilizing various aspects of the inter-office communication theme.

Lindsay Ward said...

That one literally made me LOL :)