Monday, August 24, 2009

Out With (a) Bang!

Bwa-ha-ha. New recruits to the Bang! world. Zachary, Brenda and Emily came down from Redding for the week. So yesterday, we had to indoctrinate them into the world of the card game Bang! (Hence, the bang part of the title) They were among the last 3 players, so I don't know if they played with dumb luck or exceptional skill. Does it matter? No, they got there. And Brenda, Leigh and I won! Whoo Hoo. We did not have time for other games.

We had some job downsizing on Friday and my boss was affected. (Hence, the out part of the title) A little later, I got an email from him with this comic strip. I took it almost verbatim from his idea. Anyway, pray for his job search and all those who were affected. They do have the opportunity to apply for other newly formed jobs, but as you all know, I have been through this exact situation...just one year ago.

Dad continues to improve now that his chemo has ended. Still no hair, but maybe he likes it that way? Now that I think of it, Zachary has no hair either. That is probably why Dad is letting them stay there this week, even with a 2-year-old. (Hence, the with part of the title)

I did catch some photos of the granddaughters this weekend, but have not reviewed them yet. I'll try to get some posted here soon. I wish Blogger made it as easy to upload albums as Facebook. (Hence, the (a) part of the title. Not really, but I could not leave this paragraph without the same little aside as the others. It felt alone, abandoned)

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Since playing Bang! with y'all, we've had two families over and they both really enjoyed it. It's only downside is that it's not much fun with only four people. However, it's good for the pastor to have fellowship with those in his congregation, even while the conversation centers around killing and drinking.

Craig Weeks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig Weeks said...

Of course, killing and drinking just isn't that big a deal. I mean that stuff is all over the Bible. :)