Friday, August 28, 2009

The Tintinnabulation of the Bells

When I thought about a post title, based on today's CoV, this line from an Edgar Allen Poe poem came to mind. I think the name of it is The Bells.

We ate pizza and played with grandgirls and computer games over at the folks' last night. It looked like Emily, Bella and Kendall got along famously and had a great time. A good time was had by all.

One of our project team decided she was tired of all the reorg-mania here and turned in her badge. She said she was ready to retire anyway, but that seems to take a lot of courage to actually step out like that. I wish her the best. I fear I cannot afford to make that decision for another 15 years or so.

I have to pack up my desk today in preparation for moving to another building closer to the main classroom campus here in PHX. Packing and moving are no fun, whether it is a desk or a house. True, I am dumping a lot of junk, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. In fact, the process may be spawning another CoV.

Speaking of CoV, I did write 3 more yesterday, so we have strips ready at least through next Wednesday. I also got an idea from a coworker about buying myself a week by running a Classics period where I republish the ones on which I received congratulatory emails. That could work. Another person suggested I write about not having anything to write about, since that obviously worked for Seinfeld. Stay tuned, same bat-time, same bat-channel.

5 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

The "Classics Week" thing has been done. Letterman. Carson. Multiple times a year.

Lindsay Ward said...

We moved offices in June and it was quite a mess! Of course our whole office moved so you can imagine.

Caleb said...

If you're going for the "Classic" theme, you could run your vintage strips through a sepia filter or something similar. Either that or you could reference O.S. 9. Don't they call it Classic?

Anonymous said...

I finally caught up today. Good cartoons three days in row. Of course by "good" I mean they made me laugh! Enjoyed the visit with y'all, see you next time.

NEWBIE said...

What about a Batman series?