Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Warned You

I reviewed today's cartoon and tried a number of options for who would be named. However, if it was the person being talked to, then the other would obviously know why the baldness occurred. If it was an uncle or more distant relative, then the indignancy would be less personal. So, it ended up staying as a loving jab to Dad. I did warn him either last Sunday or the Sunday before that this was coming up. Well here, take a look.

Three of four have come by with their ideas for CoV. I think a couple of them may be possibilities, but I need to find the fourth panel twist that helps make the strip memorable and clever. Nicknames is one of the suggestions. To use that, I need to cover some nicknames in the first three panels, but then an unexpected one in the fourth. That is my thinking right now. I have not focused on it yet. What would you do? Any more? I did a similar one on initials that you will see next week, but it might need tweaking to be funny but with a PG or PG-13 rating.

No comments: