Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stupid Corn

Well, what we actually have at work is a popcorn maker, but that's not as funny. Stupid popcorn sounds so fresh when they pop a new bag and the smell wafts past our cubicle area multiple times per day. Who wouldn't give in? They also have those bottles of toppings available such as caramel, nacho cheese, white cheddar cheese, kettle corn, etc. Stupid corn.

An IT reorg is in the offing within the next two weeks. I am certain my job is safe, but who knows which part of the org the project team will belong to? I'll just keep plugging along until then.

I woke up with Itsy Bitsy Spider in my head. No, I mean the song. Why? I don't know. Why couldn't it be a religious song or a Beatles song or something?

CoV countdown continues. Aggh! Suddenly, I am like the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz. "If I only had a brain...." I've got until next Tuesday before my last strip, so do not give up on me yet.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Joe Scruggs does a nice rendition of the spider song but he calls it "Eensy Weensy Spider". Tomayto/tomahto. This guy is like Pixar; you think he is producing children's products then you find yourself being thoroughly entertained. Here's a 30-second sample of my favorite of all his work:

http://hellojoe.com/sounds/Deep_in_the_jungle.mp3

Caleb said...

I'm glad that you placed religious song before the Beatles.
Today's cartoon was very amusing. Not quite as funny as the French one, but certainly one of the better ones.