Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Creative Cartoonage

Today's comic was inspired when a coworker said that the new snacker-size burgers had too much bunnage. I immediately warned her that was too good of a word not to be ridiculed in CoV. She accepted her fate with grace.
Some more friends have been placed in the redeployment pool. These events are most traumatic for those caught in it, but at least depressing for those of us who will miss friends and coworkers. And it does not mean they are laid off yet. They did post a large number of jobs and the pool can apply for them first before they are posted outside the company. Still, I know how they feel, having been there twice in the last five years.

For the old-timers reading these words, 3 Dog Night sang a song called "Liar" back in the 70s. That is exactly what my wife is. A dirty stinking filthy liar. Leading her family astray for perhaps no other reason than her own amusement. OK, it is equally possible that she heard it wrong when she said that her school's curriculum night was last night. Or maybe I just heard it wrong. It is actually tonight.

I got a haircut last night from one of Kathie's coworkers. It ended up a little shorter than I expected. When I say a little shorter, I mean I am closer to Dad's hairstyle than my own. I think it is barely longer than future Navy dude ZKW. I put so much gel on it today that you cannot see my hair, only gel. And even then, some of the hair would not lay down. I may have to start wearing my hair like certain preacher brothers. Hey, I do have the urge to wear a plaid shirt with pockets and tell religious-themed homilies.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

No! Not the homilies! Anything but the homilies!

(And now I find myself thinking about hominy. Curse you, Randy Walker, you short-haired nemesis. (That's a great word, you know.))

(Nested parentheses are the sign of an overactive, yet undisciplined mind.)

Keith said...

As ZKW would say: 'S'up, homilies?
Anyway, just to clear up any misconceptions, I don't wear my hair that way--it just does its own thing. Every morning I faithfully groom it, but nothing ever changes!