Friday, August 14, 2009

One Day Turnaround

Recently, I have been bombarding you with comments about my dwindling supply of clever comics. I am sure that you noticed that I have been a little worried that I would be singing, "And now, the end is now and now I face the final comic." Well, I found a punchline I wanted to use and came in and wrote this strip this morning just to lead up to my vision of the final panel. OK, it only extended my strip by one day, but maybe I can do it again?

I have not heard from Dad since the Bald cartoon ran. Either he must have been OK with it, or he is never speaking to me again. Probably the first, since there is no end to the number of times I have spoken out of turn. Talking about Dad makes me think of Sunday lunches which makes me think of this coming Sunday. Kari and Lyndsay, drop Kathie a note. I think she needs a little help on preparation.

It's Friday! Whoo hoo. I know we can use the break at my house. Start days at school always make for a lot of pressure and rules training for teachers. Now that I have two in the house, I hear about every kid. I should know all their classes by 9/20.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

The end is now? Wow, that's even worse than it being near.

My wife is not a teacher but she works in the secondary office of our *Christian* school. It's all drama, all the time, every day. And I hear about an awful lot of it. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Alison said...

Interesting that you chose my birthday as the day you should know the students by.