Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Suh-weet! Or Too Sweet?

I do know that experts say we should not start our day with sweets. We should eat something like oatmeal that will not spike our blood sugar and will keep us feeling full for long. Yeah, fine. I understand all that. I saw something last night that could easily tempt me to the dark side. How does a cinnamon roll inside of a donut sound? Yummy and a half, right? You can read more about it here.














Do you like a nice, chewy chocolate chip cookie? You know, something like Mrs. Fields would make? If you said yes, give it a try at home using her recipe (allegedly). Will I try it? I think you already know the answer to that.














How are your legs doing? Do you need (or maybe just want) a mobility scooter? Even if you did not, you might if you could get one that would travel at 107mph.















Do you like football? Has the virtual yellow first-down line made the game even better for you? Have you ever wondered about the effort it took to make this work? Watch this video and you will know as much about the history of the yellow first-down line as I do.

I know that you have seen these types of articles before, but I liked some of these funny answers students put on their homework or tests. An example is, when the question was 'What did Mahatma Gandhi and Genghis Khan have in common?', the response was 'They both had unusual names'.

Music for Programming? OK, so far, from what I have heard, it sounds like weird somewhat-musically-sounding noise. I guess it is intended to block out other sounds. Anyway, it might expose us to some music that we like, or it might just be weird.

How about EDM with included Star Wars sounds? Who HASN'T been looking and hoping for that? Well, it seems you may soon have that opportunity. I did assume that you would know that EDM means Electronic Dance Music. If you did not, well, you do now.

More music-related articles? OK, here is another little tale about McCartney writing Hey Jude.

Wow, this girl DOES look like a Disney Princess, or maybe even all of them. Check the photo below and read her story at the link.
























Have you seen all the hoopla about Cam Newton's post-game interview? Conan put his own spin on it.

How did I forget photos for a second day in a row? I don't know, but let's check out the second photo I ever posted online back in 2005. These fireworks were from AZ.


















And another photo from mid-2005, taken in UT. Doesn't it look kind of fuzzy near the top of the shot? I wonder if it is not a good shot, or if the small shot from the original blog post doesn't scale up since I now make them a little larger when I post them?
























While the images in a Clarity of Vision comic may not be blurry, the joke may be. Oh well. I share them anyway.












It's Tunesday. Well, for me, anyway. Tuesday night is the weekly practice for the multi-church choir I am in. Wouldn't you say that makes it a day for tunes? OK, y'all have a great one and we'll visit again soon.

No comments: