Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Bad--For-You But Good-Sounding Recipe Is Waiting For You Below

"Wave goodbye to gravity." No, "Wave goodbye, gravity." I guess I don't know how to say it, much less understand it. Scientists are expected to announce that they have confirmed the existence of gravitational waves today. As you can imagine, and are no doubt excitedly chatting about right now with those around you, this is groundbreaking news. Einstein posited their existence about 100 years ago and this would be the first confirmed measurement of these waves. Stay tuned, or as the article suggests, "Watch this spacetime."

While we are in this physics space, let's talk about physical space. Not the area around you which you do not want most people to enter... that's personal space. I really am talking about space, as in outer space. I walked out of the house this morning and looked up to see a number of planets visible and aligned along a line in the sky. I knew this was happening now, and I have noticed it in previous days, but today, I thought about them being visible along the ecliptic plane. No, wait a moment. You do not know where I am going with this. What I actually first thought was not with the correct word, ecliptic. It was that they were along the eclectic. Silly, right?
























Oh, hey. Before I leave the space-related theme, During my commute this morning, I was passed by a (I think) Dodge Charger. Its distinctive taillights always remind me of the engines on the Millennium Falcon. Have any of you noticed that?

Cinnamon Roll Donut Fries sounds like fun, doesn't it? Well, you can make them at home. In fact, you can only make them at home, because I don't know any restaurant that makes them. They are made from packaged cinnamon roll dough.












13 of 32 have never made it. Any idea what that means? If you do, you must be a true football geek. 13 of the 32 NFL teams have never won a Super Bowl.



















Did you know that, when we were at WDW, we saw a volcano eruption and a miniature atomic blast? Luckily, we were all OK. At least, that's what the shape of the fire atop the Rainforest Cafe volcano looked like in the photo.
















I don't think I am the only one scared by this display. Hillary Clinton, does it look scary to you?













And at Disney Springs, JV decided to assemble his own version of WDW. Here, he is explaining what he is building.
















Here is a trip from a few years ago in Mammoth Mountain, CA. As our temps move into the 80s, it makes me long for the cooler weather most of you still face.
















This morning's song in my head was "The One After 909" by The Beatles. I imagine it is because I laid in bed for a few minutes after the alarm and got up at 4:09, so the '09' part was already in my mind. I think that's what put the song in my head.

Are you feeling OK today? I am seeing (and feeling) a lot of sounds around me like sniffs and sneezes and throat-clearing.























Will it be a Wonderful Wednesday? I think that is up to each one of us. For me, I hope so.

No comments: