Monday, February 08, 2016

Plenty of Content, Plus Singing Sheep

Today's shower song was Come and See What's Happening in the Barn. Why? Who can say? You never know what is going on in my uniquely wired brain. It not even my favorite song that we sing in the Chorale.

Then, today's devotional is based around 2 Cor 5:17. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." NKJV. That reminded me that, in my college conducting course, One of the songs I had to lead the group in was a version of this where it was rhythmically spoken, not sung. The key on a song like that is the teacher was looking to make sure I could correctly cue each vocal part to enter at the right time. Now, in the devotional, they are saying we need to know God, and to know Him, we need to know his Words. "Christians are to be in union with Christ. This explains why it is so important to study the Bible, to meditate on it, to spend time trying to understand it, to communicate with one another with the Word and with the Father. What are we doing as we absorb God's Word? God's Word is part of His mind, His personality, His character. It is the way He thinks." That is so true, my friends.

Did you watch any of the big game yesterday? We went over and watched it with the folks. We did not get quite as crazy as I expect some other gatherings did, although there were certainly plays we cheered vigorously. We were glad Peyton Manning went out (if he goes out, of course) on top. It was a tight, defensive battle and we also agreed with the league's choice of MVP. The commercials were OK, with a few reaching pretty good. One of our favorites was the singing sheep advertising the Honda Ridgeline.

Thinking of football reminds me that there is a new video for bad lip reading using NFL video. It is cute, although not the funniest of the lot. This one from earlier in the season was funnier for me.

I also saw an article criticizing Manning for his obvious mentions of Budweiser during the post-game interviews. I also saw that Anheuser-Busch was not paying Manning for the ad. However, he does own a beer distributorship in Louisiana, so mentioning the brand could still put some money in his pocket. Still, one chart showed Manning's priorities:
Peyton Manning's post-Super Bowl plans:
1) Hug and kiss wife, kids
2) Drink "lots of Budweiser"
3) Thank "the man upstairs"

I have never attended a Super Bowl. However, I am not surprised that the prices for food and drink are quite premium. Are you? Check out these photos posted from menu boards at Levi stadium.
A $20 crab sandwich?


















I bet it's special to commend such a price, right? Or maybe not.


















Probably the other foods and drink are cheaper, though. I suppose it is all relative.
















Now, if it's cheaper food you want, head over to Taco Bell for their new menu item, the quesalupa. If it looks good to you, remain patient. It is coming soon to the masses. It looks too cheesy for me.
























Can you read this? One article suggests that you must have a 'strong mind'. Wow. Congrats.
























I didn't remember to load any photos at home last night. I suppose we were just still celebrating the Broncos win. Or maybe the old mind was taking a holiday last night. Hopefully, the images above have satisfied your desire for visual stimulation. OK, I will share one. I looked back over the blog and pulled the very first photo I shared. It is one of SS and daughter-in-love at their wedding. I was privileged to be on the front row and captured this intimate snapshot.


















MBH has a dentist appointment next Monday, President's Day. And I need to get back pretty soon. I am not in the constant pain that I had last month, but there is still some discomfort on my lower right jaw. Apparently, I had a dentist appointment six years ago that suggested a Clarity of Vision comic.























OK, NFL is over for another season. Are you excited for whatever sport season is next? Baseball, maybe? I suppose I would choose NBA second after NFL, but it still commands less interest for me. I wonder if have some 60 games televised as opposed to 16 makes it less special? At least, for me, it does free up some time on most Sunday afternoons.

OK, it is Monday, and the workday calls. Have a great one. Make it Marvelous.

No comments: