Thursday, February 04, 2016

One Hour? Two Hundred Thousand, Please!

We watched the final (I think) episode of Galavant last night. It was as crazy as ever, and the final song teased at ideas for a potential third season should it be renewed (unlikely, I think, even though I really liked it). The show did have some quotes I will share. In one, the king is about to fight the bad guy and asks 'Do you want to dance?' The bad guy responds, 'You do mean fight, right?' Earlier in the scene, the bad guy had said to the king 'King Richard, I presume.' to which the king responded, 'When you say presume, you make a pres of you and me.'

Who needs pizza for the big game this weekend? If you need 200 or so slices, Big Mama's & Papa's Pizzeria in California has the solution available. $200 and 24-hr notice is all it takes. There are some other choices, too. As you can see, it is a biiig pizza (not my real family in the photo).














How does cloud bread sound to you? Nice and light, right? Carb-free. Gluten-free. Four ingredients. Popular on Pinterest. Interested? Read more here.














How about some wisdom I picked up at WDW last year?
















How about some desserts we picked up at WDW last year?
















How about some flavors of soft drinks offered by Coca Cola around the world that we picked up at WDW last year? If I remember correctly, that Peruvian drink was the worst. South Africa may have been my favorite.
















Does the photo below look familiar? If so, then you have driven through Northwest NM because it is Shiprock, a 1500-ft tall volcanic plume sacred to the Navajos. I have never been closer to it than passing by on the highway. I am not even sure if you can get any closer. Anyway, it is certainly visible for many miles before you reach it.
















I just found out that Obama is the fourth president to have visited all 50 states. As interesting as that is, a more curious tidbit is that Air Force One costs over $206K per hour to operate. How long would your salary keep it in the air? The article documents the costs for some of his recent trips. I decided to see who the other presidents that visited all the states were. Can you guess? George W. Bush? Nope, but his daddy was one of them. Yes, Bill Clinton was another of the presidents to visit all the state. Who was the first? I will give you a hint. He was not a crook.

I just found out that a recipe for honey-garlic chicken, which as you can see in the photo below, looks delicious, requires more than just honey and garlic and chicken. That seems duplicitous, right? It still only takes about 1/2 hour to prepare, though. The article where I saw this recipe also has more quick, low-calorie ideas.
















We had a little setback in one of my projects yesterday. So, an app that we loaded into the Windows Store had to be backed out. Hopefully, we will figure out the problem today and get back on track.























And the official's whistle has blown, signalling the end of today's playing around in the blog. The good news is that frees time for you. The bad news is it means I need to get working. Have a Fantastic Fourth Day of this week.

No comments: