Friday, August 15, 2014

It's Not My Fault

For some weird reason, I thought of songs about the cross this morning. I wonder which ones would work together to make a medley of them? One of the songs I remembered was At The Cross, written by Isaac Watts in 1707. You know it, right? I am sure you do if you are over 30. It goes:
At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my heart rolled away.
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now, I am happy all the day.

From that, though, I thought of a version that my parents taught me years ago that they knew from their childhood. The chorus went like this:
In the bar, in the bar, where I smoked my first cigar,
And the money in my pockets rolled away.
It was there, by chance, that I tore my Sunday pants,
And now, I have to wear them everyday.

So, see, I think it is my parent's fault that I am so unique in my sense of humor. I think we should all blame them for this blog and the oddness of Clarity of Vision.

Speaking of humor, there is a local pest control company whose ads I think are funny. Here is the one I heard this morning:
When you don't call Pest Control in time, ants invade your home.
When ants invade your home, you feel powerless.
When you feel powerless, you take karate.
When you take karate, you take it to the streets.
When you take it to the streets, someone yells, "Oh, it's on!"
When someone yells, "Oh, it's on!", you get into a dance battle.
When you get into a dance battle, you fall and break your hip.
Don't break your hip, call Pest Control.
Well, I thought it was funny, and that's what matters. My own dance battle would probably look like this KC cop.

Let's get serious for a moment. I read about a quandary for those of you who have self-driving cars. OK, there's not too many of us at the moment, but consider this. If it gets into an accident, who is liable? You? You weren't driving. The makers of the control software? Read more about this dilemma here.

I think it was Ben Franklin who said "It is a poor mind that cannot think of more than one way to spell a word". I mean, this is a creative spelling of aquarium, if nothing else.

Chocolate Legos? Yes, please.

Pinterest tips? Yes, please.

Real facts about false myths? Yes, please. Do penguins mate for life? Did Franklin really want the turkey to be the US symbol? You can now know the truth, and hopefully, it will set you free.

You are now free to read today's CoV.












Well, I hear the train a-comin'. It's comin' 'round the bend. And I ain't done no work since, I don't know when. Actually, it was yesterday, but I'm burning daylight, so I'd best be ion  my way. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Um... Did we grow up in the same home? I don't remember that version of the song.

CrazyUncle said...

Of course, they're not going to sing that for a future man of the cloth. Plus, it was years ago, so maybe you were too young?