Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Who Made a Typpo?

I read an interesting article this morning about why we cannot catch our own typos. The explanation made sense, so I am sharing it with you. The story reminded me of having read that we can read most things as long as the first and last letters are in the right place. You can see a sample paragraph here. Can you decipher it?

What makes less sense than anything you read in the articles linked above? Probably, it is the daily Clarity of Vision comic. Things start out jumbled in my mind and then spill forth to confound even the most seasoned readers. Let's see what I did today (it is related to yesterday's comic, so you might want to check it out again as a reminder).













Hey, have you ever heard of Corsicana, TX? It is down between Dallas and Houston. MBH is from there. Anyway, a 14-year-old made a hidden home inside their Walmart and lived there for four days. Uh, no thanks.

How does 349 days on vacation sound? That's how many days GW Bush had taken by this point in his presidency, compared to 129 for Obama. No, it does not make me want to be president, though.

Speaking of vacation, I don't think I would like it if our average summer temps (currently 104F) moved up to over 114F. That's what this interactive map predicts could happen this century. What could happen to your town?

Did you hear that Lauren Bacall died?

And talk of people dying leads one to consider their own obituary. I will not say 'Ding dong. The witch is dead' when my mother passes. Apparently, though, this woman wanted that included in hers. Crazy, huh?

Are you an online consumer? Does FedEx ever deliver your stuff? It's good to know that they take care of your purchases, right? Umm, maybe not.

It's a muggy, wet day. I need to make sure my work is a bright spot for my customers, so I will get started now. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: