Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Bartender! Myringotomy for Everybody!

Did you notice that I am a little late starting today's post? No, of course not. All you can see is the end result of getting it posted. Behind that is my work phase of creating the day's comic, checking my email for ideas I sent myself in previous days (denoted by starting the subject line with 'Blog'), writing down any ideas I had in the last 24 hours, and checking today's websites for links and ideas. So, I got behind working on today's Clarity of Vision, and as of right now, I have not done the subsequent investigative steps. So, right now, I am going to email because I know I have at least one idea I can share.

Did you hear about the Japanese creating an all-robot cheering team? Read about the fanbots here and tell me if that is not a little bit (meaning a lot bit) creepy.

I believe JV is getting tubes put in his ears today (a myringotomy). Tube or not tube, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of painful ear infections, or.... Wait, I seem to be using Shakespeare to talk about JV's otitis media (middle ear infections). Why? Because in my mind, I read 'tube' as two syllables 'too bay'. So of course, that led to 'too bay or not too bay' and my mind was off and running. So, good luck to the little guy.

I had a quotation theme in mind for CoV, also.













Do you remember going to (or being part of) bake sales in your grade school? And not only bake sales. I also remember selling the chocolate bars (and eating more than my share of them). I guess those are now being mostly eliminated so that the government can claim they are helping us raise healthier kids. At least they allow the states to have SOME say on when and where they can be held. What do you think about this?

Not many good links today. No photos to share. I've already added the CoV for the day. I am just going to have to end this early so that I don't bore both of us. Hopefully, tomorrow will offer more diversion for us. I will see you then.

Oops. I just now (two hours later) noticed that I forgot to hit Publish. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Do you even know how many hours I sat here at my computer hitting refresh while I waited for you hit the Publish button?!?

Keith said...

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!