Monday, August 11, 2014

Come Together, Over Timothy Leary?

Gather 'round, kids. Have you ever heard of a singing group from the '60s called The Beatles? Well, I've got a couple of links that can give you some insight into this small, non-world-changing group of British singers. The first is about the title of today's post. It seems John Lennon first wrote Come Together in response to a request from Timothy Leary for a campaign song. Somehow, it morphed into the song that opens the Abbey Road album. Check out this interesting factoid here.

I have a second Beatles-related story today. There were several outtakes from the cover photo for Abbey Road. You can see them here. And that link also drops you into the middle of The Beatles official website, so dig around. You can read about all of their albums and learn some stuff.

Have you ever said you needed a Kleenex, even though you are not using that brand? You can see how that name is now genericized. Here are some others in the same state.

Did you hear about CA residents attending 'water school' if they use too much so they can avoid a fine? I think I might be in trouble based on TD's showers. How would you do at your house?

Do you have cable TV? Do you get TV Land? If so, you might check out Candid Camera, back again from founder Alan Funt's son, Peter. Can it make it in today's media-rich environment? Well, it IS the original reality TV, so i think it has a chance. Then again, tucked away on a small channel like TV Land, it could do poorly and still stay on the air. Will you watch?

Did you go out and check the supermoon last night? I went out with my camera to catch a nice shot with a swaying palm tree in the foreground. Camera? Check. Tree? Check. Moon? Nope. It was cloudy and dusty out, and I could not see anything in the sky. So, I missed out on my one chance at fame and glory. Well, maybe not that, but I missed out on seeing the supermoon. Maybe next time.

Let's look at today's CoV, OK?













And with that, I will send you on your way. I am honored that you stopped by here on your way to today. See you soon.

No comments: