Tuesday, August 19, 2014

That's Insane

I loaded some different music onto my iPhone last night and listened to it at work this morning. Today, I went for the Baylor Religious Hour choir and Anùna. BRH is from the mid-70s (and sounds like it, although I still enjoy it) and Anùna from the 90s. Anyway, some of the BRH songs reminded me of one of my college buddies and his song 'Nursery Rhymes'. I found it on his site and decided to share it with you today. Have a listen. You might like the whole CD and you can buy it from him on that same site.

Even if you don't read the whole article, you should watch this video. It is about a way your monitor can interact with a unit that lets you have a 3D live thing happening that can roll a ball using your own hands. Just go watch. It's too hard to explain.

And even if you don't read the whole blog, you can still look at the purty pictures. Here is Portland Head Light from our visit in 2002.

















If you are anything like me, I pity you. Still, if you are, you have an extra $5,000 around at all times. So, maybe we should go buy this font for your computer. I mean, it's just $5K. A good font is worth that, right?

I am watching The Great Food Truck Race as I write this on Monday night. Have you ever watched this in previous seasons? We always enjoy it. It is on the Food Network. Anyway, their first challenge was some diners who sampled their food as part of the show. One of teams talked about the chance of winning $500 for first place. What did they say? "That's insane!"

Most of the summer interns have left and gone back to their schools. there are still a few around, but none in my area. That doesn't mean that they are not still potential fodder for the COV machine.













Speaking of fodder, my fadder (clever pun and segue, right?) and mudder were with MBH and I up in New England back in 2002 and that's where my recent photos are from. Here is a shot of the Saco River Covered Bridge in NH.

















And the entrance to the bridge here.

















I got a message from Ex-NZ Niece (Architect Bro's daughter) that they are going to participate in an event in November to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). You can read more about it and donate at this link.

The little boy in this video reminds me of JV. They both REALLY LOVE football.

How many times will I talk about this? Well, that depends. How many times will the State Fair of Texas come up with new food to fry? Blueberry muffins? Yes. Chicken fried loaded baked potatoes? Check. Go read about the others.

It's now Tuesday morning. It is a rainy, gloomy day outside. What a nice change for desert dwellers. Well, it is better when I don't have to drive in it. For now, though, I am sitting in the office looking out, so I'll take it. Let's go enjoy our new day and get back together tomorrow.

No comments: