Monday, August 04, 2014

Sly Stallone, Sly City, and Sly Way to Avoid Posting Photos

Have you been seeing a lot of TV ads for Expendables 3? I have, so I thought I would check out one of the earlier films from that franchise. Surprisingly, it was worse that I expected, and that's pretty bad. I watched the second one On Demand. In case you could not guess...NO, I will not be going to see the latest installment. And yes, Sylvester Stallone is the main actor in it.

When we pulled out the bills coming due soon, we opened an envelope from the city. I need to pull weeds in the alley or be fined $500. And uh oh, it has to be done by Friday, Aug 1. I guess we should have opened it sooner. Well, I went out after a monsoon rain and pulled enough to satisfy the city (I think). Maybe I will take a look again in a week and see if anything else has grown above their 12" limit.

I think I mentioned last week that I shared all the photos from our last trip out of town. Actually, that is just a lucky coincidence because I totally forgot to check for any to share last night. We did keep the GRANDS this past weekend, but I didn't catch any photos. JV and I never even left the house. All of us went swimming on Friday night (I cannot remember how JV says swimming, but it is cute).

Pretty sly way for me to populate today's post title, right? Actually, I am not sure why the second and third list items are 'sly', but it's my blog and my post title, so I say it works.

Did you remember that Colorado now allows marijuana sales? However, it is apparently up to each town to decide for themselves if it is legal. So far, Gunnison has resisted. How long will they keep that up when they see other towns making big bucks from sales taxes on the drug? Not long, I venture.

I read this article about 11 grocery store items that you can make at home. Sounds intriguing, doesn't it? I will admit that most of them are not items I would have purchased in the first place. Still, I usually read these stories because, some day, I will find the one thing that I really DO want to make at home.

On reasons why I don't exercise, there are some moves the experts want us to avoid. Yeah, baby.

I am 2.5 weeks away from being vegan for one year. Amazing, right? Do you know anyone else that is vegan? Maybe you are thinking about it? Read this first to see some things we have to think about on a day-to-day basis. Will I continue? For now, yes. Will I temper my diet and make it a bit less stringent? I don't know yet. There is also an article on why Clinton, Ellen, Tyson are also now vegan. It mentions the same studies and doctors that convinced me.

So many words, so few visual images. Let's end or Monday malaise with a Clarity of Vision comic, OK? See you on Tuesday.

No comments: