Friday, August 01, 2014

I Made It Through a Whole Week of Work

After taking last Thursday and Friday off for a mini-vacation, I had to work all five days this week. It seemed to go on forever. Didn't someone suggest that we should adopt a three-day workweek in the US? I could go for that. And I found the article on The Washington Post. It was Carlos Slim, the billionaire businessman from Mexico.

One of the things we always do on our trips is catch a shot of our hiking boots or shoes. Here we are on our back patio after our Sunset Trail hike.






















I came across this area of forest ferns and noticed a little white flower showing through below them. I took two photos of it. In one, I focused on the flower, and the other was focused on the fern. Which do you like better?
















I had a conference call yesterday afternoon where I was an 'Optional' Attendee. Imagine my surprise when they asked me to explain the purchase requisition for a product. Yes, I am the PM for an upgrade project on the tool, but I don't know anything about which groups use it, how often we have to make service calls on it, etc. I don't think I did as well as I could have if I had known it was coming. I don't even know who filed the paperwork.

Something else I learned yesterday is that thing behind which speakers talk is the lectern, not the podium. The article I read asked that we 'Stop confusing the words “podium” (a raised platform that you stand on) and “lectern” (a reading stand that you stand behind)'. Did you just learn something, too?















Whaddya think? Would you support a restaurant whose dining room does not allow children? Or should anyone be able to eat anywhere, so you would also avoid that restaurant? Tough call. Being without kids, though, I wouldn't care. Then again, I don't really notice them that much anyway. When we keep the GRANDS, I wouldn't take them to 'that kind' of eating establishment, preferring the playgrounds inside of McDonald's.

Can you believe Toad the Wet Sprocket is still around? Have you ever heard of this band name? The name was pulled from a Monty Python skit when they couldn't think of any other name. No, I do not know any of their songs, but I certainly know the name. In case you want to hear them, though, here is a video of their biggest hit, Walk On the Ocean. Actually, it doesn't sound bad.

I heard that our daughter-in-love has restarted K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe again. Sure, it comes back now that I am a vegan. Then again, probably K.B.'s Quinoa Shoppe doesn't have the same cache. Anyway, you can probably find out more on Facebook.

Ready for a little CoV? If not, skip over for my ending comments on today's blog.













As I mentioned earlier, I have now worked FIVE DAYS IN A ROW! Well, I guess it is only a little over four right now since today is just starting. In order to keep my streak alive, I guess I'd better actually do something to help ensure continued employment. Have a great weekend and we will spend more time together on Monday.

2 comments:

Tim Craire said...

Great podium vs. lectern graphic, thanks. Did you make it yourself?

CrazyUncle said...

No, I found it somewhere, but I do not remember where it was. Sorry.