Monday, March 03, 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays Both Happened in the Last Three Days

Did the rain reach you this weekend? It blew through here after drenching the California coast. We picked up 1-2 inches, but we are still behind our average rainfall.

I saw a commercial for the shingles shot over the weekend, and was reminded of when Dad and then my wife suffered from it in the past. Should I get a shot? Probably. Will I make fun of it in a Clarity of Vision? Certainly.













Let's take a look at a photo or two from Mom's birthday celebration last week. First, here she is with JV. Wait. Did he almost smile?























How about a shot of Mom and her family?

















Everything this article says about durian, the "King of Fruits," is true. They include a 1-5 rating (least gross to most gross) and they say it is a 4. I disagree. I tried it once in Malaysia and I give it a 5. The smell plus the odd texture just made it too yucky for me.

Did you watch the Oscars last night? I did not, nor did we record it, but it sounds like Ellen was hit or miss on her hosting, and there were no big surprises in who won each award.

Speaking of gala events, there is a couple at our church that goes to each Super Bowl and Olympics to hand our tracts and pins and witness to people they meet. this year, Russia confiscated all 30K of the tracts, but allowed the pins through. So, they just used the pins and witnessed. I did not hear how many people were saved. It is great that they are willing to use their time and monies to share their Lord with others.

It is not often when a country gets a chance to break off from another country and become independent. This coming Sunday, Scotland gets that opportunity. As of right now, 53% want to remain in the United Kingdom. When I used to travel there, and someone would say "England", the others would turn their head to the side and pantomime spitting. I am guessing my friends there might choose independence. The UK was formed back in 1707 with England and Scotland, Ireland not joining until 1800.

"Hoot, mahn." It's time for a new workweek to begin, and we all have some stuff to finish. Let's get started right now. Sure, you can take a quick bathroom break before you start.

No comments: