Friday, March 21, 2014

I Am Sore (and) Afraid

OK, I am not really that afraid, but when I thought of using sore in the title, that verse occurred to me, so I added "and" in parentheses. My mouth is still sore from the dental work of Wednesday morning. I should have done the warm salt water rinses the dentist recommended, but I sorta forgot. We had to hurry over to our haircuts last night and I just got distracted.

Do you know all the different types of Roman numerals? I don't, but I had to think about them to write today's Clarity of Vision.














Here is a photo of the birthday girl eating her birthday brunch breakfast (try saying that three times fast).


















Here is a photo of JV telling me that he can see some ducks in the water.


















And finally, a photo of the middle GRAND trying to pull the sword from the stone (n.b. she was not successful).


























Can you believe that we all missed out on an opportunity to have Lincoln standing over our bed watching out for us at night? I could have bought it for birthday girl because she went with me again to see Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at The Dis.

One of my annual Christmas gifts is a desk calendar. When you get a Workman calendar, you also can sign up for an online version of a different offering. I chose a Mensa puzzles calendar. Today's puzzle has me puzzled. I think they totally blew it. See what you think. No, you can't look at it online like I do, so I have copied it. Here is the puzzle. How many rectangles are formed by the lines?











Are you going to see the new Noah movie? We haven't really thought about it, but then again, we don't go to that many movies. One of the things I just read is that it never mentions God, on The Creator. You can read more about it here.

Did you read this? "Edd Joseph of Bristol, England recently purchased a PlayStation 3 from Gumtree.com, the UK’s version of Craigslist. After sending a $130 direct bank transfer to the seller, Edd waited and waited, but never received his PS3. Because he’d paid by direct bank transfer he couldn’t cancel the sale, and the police were no help. So, using the copy and paste function on his phone, Edd grabbed 22 of Shakespeare’s works online, and texted them to the Gumtree thief. Since Edd's phone carrier splits long texts into 160 character chunks, the 22 plays actually added up to 17,424 texts for the Gumtree thief. Oh, sweet revenge!" Pretty funny.

OK, ready for the official answer to the puzzle above. How many did you get? They say 20. Look at the diagram. Whoops. After I looked at the letters in their answer, they are correct. I was wrong, but I will leave this in the post for your review.


J Lo lip-synching on her own show? As viewers note, "Oh, the irony."

The post has reached its maximum length...well, as defined by my desire to either write more or end it for the day. So, let's start Friday a little early and agree to come back together Monday. Scottish Games tomorrow and GRANDS tomorrow night. It's gonna be a good weekend, right?

No comments: