Monday, March 24, 2014

Aye, Laddie, We Did Go to the Games

I sort of forgot to upload any photos last night. I even have some new ones from our day at the Scottish Highland Games on Saturday. I have photos of cabers and dancers and pipers and bands. Speaking of the Games, I was afraid there would be nothing for me to eat for lunch. After all, they have meat pies and haggis and turkey legs. Not much for a vegan. There wasn't much, it is true, but I found a place willing to add mashed potatoes and peas to their meal for $3.50. So, they made a veggie plate for me with potatoes, peas and carrots for $5. That is not a bad price at these kind of events. I did not take time for snacks, though, so I ended up not eating regularly enough and felt a little punk that evening. I am back to normal now, though.

I also did not create a Clarity of Vision comic last night, so I just wrote one. Maybe you can guess that I was out in the sunlight all weekend.













Are we getting close to finding out what happened to that missing Malaysia Airlines flight? The Malaysian PM is implying we are. When we discussed it the other day at work, those that wanted it to be terrorism outnumbered those that wanted it to be an accident. Crazy, huh? I am an accident-favoring person.

I know that parts of the family attended movies this past weekend. Teacher Daughter saw Divergent, but was not overly impressed. This article does point out that its primary audience is female and under 25, though. And another family member saw God is Not Dead and liked it. I have never even heard of it.

A site called gayot.com (pronounced guy-oh) has chosen their Top 10 National Parks. I have visited 7 of them. How about you?

Hey, I've got a busy day ahead, and I need to get started. Have a Marvelous Monday.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Eight. I missed Hawaii's Volcanoes National Park, and I have yet to make it to Alaska to see Denali. However, as of last month, I did get to San Juan Island National Historical Park!