Monday, March 31, 2014

UofA End of the Line

Even though I have no ties to UofA, I was pulling for them in the NCAA tournament. However, as of Saturday night, it is over for the 2013-2014 season.

Sometimes, it takes a while before an idea becomes a CoV comic. This lucky idea finally has its day in the sun after waiting since late October. Does it get better with age? I don't know.













OK, class. Raise your hand if you know what a trebuchet is. Anybody? Bueller? We saw this one at the Scottish Games a couple of weeks ago. It is like a catapult with a sling on the end. This one was throwing a soccer ball, so there was little danger anyone would get hurt. Luckily, no one did.























And these poor little girls are trying to cross their legs and sit down with no chair under them. Seems cruel, right? Those Scots were a strange people.
















Do you like statistics and graphs? Sure, who doesn't, right? Check out this tool that shows the ratings of TV episodes for all the seasons of their programs. The article talks about Seinfeld episodes, but I looked up M*A*S*H from the '70s. Take a look at your favorite and hover over the episodes that stick out on top and on bottom. Do they match your expectations?

It's ObamaCare deadline day. Have you signed up? Do you know anyone who has? I don't (well, that I know of). I guess most people that I interact with are employed and covered through their employer (as I am). It will be an interesting debate going forward. I did hear on my Monday morning commute that the website had crashed again. How many want to bet there will be an extension of the deadline?

No, I do NOT want to know what happened in the Season 4 finale of The Walking Dead. We recorded it last night, but will not watch it until tonight.

Our Sunday School teacher and his wife went to see Noah on Saturday. He said that he feels the movie should have been advertised as "Based on a story from the Bible." It apparently runs 2:10 in length and he said it was about 2 hours too long. The best parts are the ones you see on the TV commercials. He did note that, in their defense, there is not really enough of a story in the Bible for a full-length movie, but even the parts that exist were not all in the movie.

My scan of top websites did not bring up anything else I want to share today, so let's get the day over with so we can go watch The Walking Dead. If you are not into zombies, then when I said The Walking Dead, I meant Whose Line Is It Anyway? If you don't like that, then I meant watch the movie Frozen, that just became the highest-grossing animated flick ever.

See you soon.

No comments: