Monday, July 08, 2013

Hot to Cool to Hotter

Did anyone notice there were no blog posts last week? You are probably wondering when I got so lazy that I could not even type a few words. Actually, I am that lazy, but I was also on vacation last week up in San Francisco. The whole family (MBH and Ali and JV+KLIK) traveled up the Pacific Coast Highway and spent a few days in SF. We had a great time and I will be sharing anecdotes as I recall them.

Luckily, we chose a good time to be leaving with the temps heading up to almost 120F. And it is a bit cooler than that now, but it feels stinking hot after being only in the 80s in the Bay Area.

Anyway, our first night found us in Thousand Oaks, CA, after spending the afternoon at The Grove and downtown Hollywood. Here is a shot of Kenz at the American Girl store watching her doll, Lexi, get her hair done and her ears pierced.

















Bella also let her doll, Camryn, get a little makeover with a hairdo and ear piercing and a spa package.

















Salesman Son and I certainly enjoyed our time at AG (that's what those of us in the know call the store).














And that is all we did. We ate healthily with no snacks that I know of. Hey, where did this photo come from?

















Let's move from vacay to Dadday (that is the only way I could be sure you would read that as a rhyme). Dad is doing so well that you would not know he was ever sick. He is even letting his hair grow out (ha ha. That is a joke because they shaved it for the surgery and it is just now growing again). That reminds me of a vacation story, though. Salesman Son always has a little chin hair. I noticed towards the end of the trip that he was looking scraggly. When I asked him about it, he said he never shaves on vacations (not even to trim it). Hmm. I don't think I'd like a two week trip with him looking all hippie-ish.

Mom is having a little upper back pain that the chiropractor has not yet helped. She is going back sometime early this week.

I took my second practice exam for my professional certification and moved up only veeeerrry slightly to 75.3%. I did study each morning on our trip by getting up before everyone else and sitting in the car. I am fairly strong on the download sheet where I write down my project workflow and keywords just as I will do during the test. Today, I finished that in 10 minutes (and we have 15 to do it for the test).

And in case you thought I forgot today's CoV, here it is.















Your eyes are probably tired reading all this after a week's absence. I will end for today and share more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Welcome back. We missed you (or, at least, we missed your blog).