Monday, July 29, 2013

Starting Your Week With Cards and Canvases

Let's skip over the light banter we usually engage in when we get together, OK? No, not that I have anything important to share. I am typing this while watching Whodunnit and that keeps distracting me.

A friend at work had written a quote after he heard it on one of his calls. So, once I hear it, it becomes fodder for the CoV machine.













We had a game night this past Saturday over at the GRANDS place. Here, you can see me and Bella playing a Harry Potter card gameCards and Canvases from a previous game night. This time, we were playing Tsuro, my newest game purchased using a gift card from JV+KLIK. She and I played three games (one included MBH). I also went over to Dad's house yesterday and he and I played three games of it before I left. That still leaves one game in my "Games I Want to Own" queue. That would be To Court the King, a hybrid cards+dice game. Have any of you played it? Have you played any games recently that you enjoyed (or maybe any that you did not enjoy)?
















Speaking of Dad, he is doing quite well, thank you. However, my point was that he finished framing my photo canvases and came over to help me hang it. Take a look. The crookedness is due to my inability to keep the camera level, not a poorly hung canvas.
















Two of the certification study group are taking their test this morning. I know they will both do well. I am glad my test is already behind me, though.

[Monday musings] Have any of you ever seen Forks Over Knives, a documentary about... well, let me let them tell you. "Forks Over Knives advocates a whole-food, plant-based diet. The program is based on whole or minimally processed plants, primarily fruits, vegetables, whole grains, tubers, and legumes. It excludes or minimizes animal-based foods such as meat (including poultry and fish), dairy, and eggs, as well as refined foods like bleached flour, refined sugar, and oil" I have minimally changed my eating, striving to do more salads and fewer sweets, but I have not jumped in like the dude that loaned me the DVD and a couple of books about the benefits of plant-based eating. Anyway, have any of you improved your eating or exercise habits recently? How is that going?

OK, my typers are tired. Let's save further conversating until we meet again. Hmm, that phrase, "until we meet again", made me think of the old song Happy Trails. How many of you have ever even heard of it? Stop trying to get me going again. I'm outta here.

2 comments:

Lewis said...

What the heck is a tuber? Never mind, I will look it up. So...it appears that Potatoes are "stem tubers" and Sweet Potatoes are "root tubers". Who knew? I believe my source also classified hot dogs as tubers so I think I will go get one for lunch. Does that tell you anything about my eating habits? I need some serious help in that department.
Lewis

Lindsay Ward said...

Justin and I are trying to eat a clean diet with minimal processed foods but still including meat, eggs, and dairy. We have cut out processed foods, all grains aside from whole grains, and sugar. We still eat out and enjoy ourselves though so this is our at home, majority of the time diet. We will see how it goes...been about a month so far.