Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Driving, Diet and Diapers

I am writing this post on Tuesday morning. Both Teacher Daughter and MBH were at school until almost 8pm, so the night was not our usual and I just forgot about this until it was too late. The only thing I can remember that we watched on TV was Dexter.

I came up with the idea for today's CoV during my extra-long commute today when I heard a car ad and a fast-talking sote voce disclaimer at the end. I decided I could use those types of limitations to promises about my projects.













Why was my commute extra-long? I arrived at my desk only to realize that I was here at work, but my computer was laying at home. So, I had to drive back home to get it and then commute again. Traffic is definitely worse 45 minutes later in the morning commute.

People, people, what am I going to do? I watched the Forks Over Knives documentary during lunch and when I got home yesterday. I do know that my eating habits are not very healthy. And I would like to be more proactive to avoid some of the problems Dad is going through. Luckily, I do like tubers. You do, too, right, Lewis? Ha ha. I am thinking to maybe start like NZ Niece and hubby. You know, cut out processed foods and sugar. I may go ahead and remove dairy and beef, also. I don't want to be an imposition on my family if I cannot eat whatever they have. We will see. Why don't y'all watch the video and give me some ideas? Click the link and you can watch it on Hulu. Here is what one website says about what Daniel and his friends did in the Bible. That might be a good place to start...try it as a 21-day fast. I will let you know what I decide.

Dad gum it. I forgot to upload the photos I was looking at last night. Sorry.

Oh, before I go, it sounds like our grandson is turning into a toddler. He walked across his living room last night. They could be in serious trouble once he can get around even more. So, he'll be practicing some more at our place this Saturday night. And the girls like school. That is good news. We will certainly hear some stories this weekend. Hey, remind me to take the Harry Potter game home on Friday, OK?

Since I am running late due to my own ignorosity, I had best get to work. Y'all have a great day. And good luck to any of you who are looking to move.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

I left my computer at home one day and of course it was a day I went in early to finish something before my manager arrived. We decided to change our diet mostly based on research our friend has done b/c he has intestinal cancer and has been told there is nothing more to do. So they are researching alternative diets that have been proven to help. Of course they are vegan now so we have not taken it to that extreme.