Friday, July 12, 2013

The One Where Dad Emails His Status

Dad sent out a family email Thursday letting us all know he is healthier than he was when he was 20. No, looking back over the email, that was not exactly what he said. He did say that he is not in as dire straits as he was told in San Diego. So, we Praise God for that. And Mom is doing better (but still needs your prayers), so all is well at Casa de Mis Papas. I will see them sometime over the weekend, I am sure.

I will also see the GRANDS...tonight. It is swimming party and pizza night. We will probably not allow the pizza in the pool, though.

Here we are driving somewhere in SF. Salesman Son was driving because (a) I wanted to take photos, and (b) he has a smartphone for directions. Anyway, can any of you guess where we are?






















And here we are, driving somewhere else in the SF area while being swallowed in fog. Surely you can guess this one. And don't call me Shirley.






















I have not mentioned what is on TV as I write my blog recently. That's because I have been writing it the morning I post. Tonight, we are watching Under the Dome.

Friday morning, though, is a time for comics. Oh, here's one now.















Unfortunately for me, two things are obvious right now. One, I did not hardly study at all this week for my certification test ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. Aggh! I'll need to make time each day next week like I did on vacation. Two, I am out of blogging time for the morning, so I need to let you go.

(Hints for photo locations: crooked street and famous bridge)

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

"The switchback's design, first suggested by property owner Carl Henry and instituted in 1922, was born out of necessity in order to reduce the hill's natural 27ยบ (51%) grade, which was too steep for most vehicles."

I just thought that was interesting when I heard it a few years ago.

On our one and only trip to SF (2011) we got around mostly by walking. More than once I wondered why on earth somebody thought it a good idea to build a city here. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lombard_Street_%28San_Francisco%29