Friday, July 26, 2013

Another Week Goes Gently Into That Good Night

That (slightly tweaked) quote is from a poem by Dylan Thomas published in 1951. Have you heard it before? I actually thought it was "go quietly" instead of gently. Did you know that Bob Dylan (born Robert Zimmerman) took his professional name from Dylan Thomas because he was a fan of his work?

While we were watching the voted out of the house episode of Big Brother on Thursday night, I remembered to upload some photos from our summer vacation. Here are three that were from our days in the Bay area.

There are usually a number of sea lions on the pier beside the shops at Pier 39 Fisherman's Wharf. Right now, though, this guy was the only one to show up. The others are gone for mating season (apparently). Don't you feel sorry for this lone nerd sea lion?






















Hmm, is it time to get Kenz piano lessons? She certainly practiced this a lot at Pier 39.






















I told you recently that I passed my certification test. Here is what I did every morning of our trip before the others got up. This photo was taken at our hotel in Millbrae.
















And here is what I do every workday morning when I am not on vacation.













And here is what I do after I have done all the above. I say "OK, it is a workday, so I am outta here. Y'all have a good weekend and be sure to check back next week for more hilarity and levitation levity."

No comments: