Monday, May 06, 2013

Dreams and Disney and Dakota

I was up at 3am to let the stupid dog out. That's a pain. However, this time, it helped me remember a dream since I was in the middle of it. I wrote down some notes while I waited for him to come back in. Anyway, I was at a memorial services for a young Asian man that had died. I don't think that I knew him. And I certainly was not related to him. People were eulogizing him. His roommates said that he always shared the food his mother sent to him in the dorm. And his buddies and family all said that he would playfully say "My life is consumed with regret" when someone would chastise him.

Why did I share that? I hope each of you is not living a life consumed with regret. I hope that you share good things in your life with those around you. Why did I dream that? I am not sure.

Another parents vs grandparents viewpoint...this one relates to snacking before meals.



The other day, I shared some links from the Disney Archives. I forgot the one that actually led me to the Archives. Haunted Mansion. Interesting.

From the photo archives, we find an interesting shot I took at the Youth Museum in Mesa. As you can see, somehow, the faces of the presidents were on this mountain some 1.6 billion years ago. It is a good thing we chose some people who looked like that mountain, right?



We are watching The Office right now. I guess there must only be 2-3 episodes left of the series. Tonight's theme was a good one.

Finale of Amazing Race tonight. We don't care which of the three teams wins.

[Monday musings] And it turned out that we did not mind the team that won. Speaking of TV, you people that have not yet watched last week's Survivor...GET ON IT. How can we talk about it and be ready for this week until you have done so. Plus, it ends next Sunday, so you don't have much time.

[Monday more] Dad is doing great. He seems to have bounced back from his heart attack and stroke. The only story about an impact to his memory is not being able to sing the Chorale songs, and if that is the only long-term effect, Praise the Lord. However, he has not yet been evaluated by his personal doc, so let's see what the doc says. Keep the prayers coming.

No comments: