Friday, July 08, 2011

Spread the Dirt Around

Apparently, that is what I decided to do when I vacuumed the pool last night. It did pick up the majority of the stuff, but today, there is a thinner layer of mud still covering the bottom of the pool. I did see there was still a lot of stuff suspended last night, but I hoped the pool filter would take care of it. Nope. I guess another round of vacuuming is on tap for tonight, right?

We had a little pizza/wings/game night over at the folks. We only had time for a couple of hands of Five Crowns. Dad won. Of course, since we were at his house, maybe we let him win? Uh huh. Ponder that, Dad. Heavy thought, right?

I had a cryptic message on my phone when I got to work this morning. It said "A table in Access can only be two gig." It did say from whom, although I recognized the voice. It did not say what this was in reference to, although I suppose they use Microsoft Access as an intermediate data repository in generating a report I requested. I am not sure if anything requires my involvement. I guess not since he gave me an answer instead of a question. Weird, right? Maybe I should call him and say the message is our elephant?

What does that mean? Read today's comic strip.Now you get it, right?

The East Valley Chorale is singing at the Veteran's Home on Sunday. We usually sing in one of two venues there. One is a small cafeteria in the back and the other is a stairwell in the front. Neither is optimal for sound. I don't remember either place being much cooler than the other. At least we don't have to wear the white shirts and ties, right?

OK, I am ready for some things. One of them is for the heat+humidity to break. It makes for a bit of discomfort outside (and even a little bit here at the office since it is not that cool). Another is for the uncertainty of the office reorg to settle down. Everyone is a bit more on edge than normal. That could lead to some sharp retorts. Get it? Edge, sharp? Ha ha. Another thing I am ready for is to get to work. The office arrival noises are beginning around me. I need to go check out the overnight emails. Let's get today started, right? Have a good weekend.

BTW, no, I forgot to get any photos from the vacation staged so I can share them. I'll try to remember to do something over the weekend.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Did Dad keep score? Hmmm....