Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Of Couches and Coons

What makes the mind bring up memories of times past? I don't know, but I did go back a few years to some long-dormant memories this morning and I cannot think of what triggered it. No, I just remembered. As I walked in from the parking lot, I passed a dove that merely walked away instead of flying. Seeing the dove, I made a dove sound (although I got no response). I learned the dove sound from when Keith kept a bunch in a cage in the backyard. That memory led to remembering his raccoon. His coon used to climb up the end of the couch when I would lay down and play in my hair. I don't know that she ever found anything, but hope is ever vigilant.

OK, let's bring our thoughts to the present. Today's Clarity of Vision is about the unrealized threat of L.A. gridlock during this past weekend's shutdown of the 405. Well, that's what it started out to be about.Even I don't always know where my cartoon will end up.

This seems to be the year for ugly dust storms here in the Valley of the Sun. I am not sure my pool will ever stay clean. I did turn off the aerator so it would not capture even more dust. My choice is cooler pool or cleaner pool. For last night, I guess I chose cleaner.

The time has come, the author writes, to talk of many things:
of couches, coons, and cooing doves,
of all my planned meetings.

Yup, I need to go get ready for the Tuesday 8:30am meeting. I will leave you contemplating Lewis Carroll and The Walrus and the Carpenter. Why would you think of that? You do know that is the poem from which I pulled the rhymes and meters shown above, right? If not, check it out. The Jabberwocky is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Nothing like a pleasant stroll down Memory Lane.

Anonymous said...

well had to grab my glasses as my eyes thought they saw: "pouches & scones" ahhhhh now i see the correct words? at our evening service we had a 2-part movie about baseball and a young man named "billy sunday"...wish pat were here to listen to it! no, am not old enough to of ever heard this man...but what a great testimony he had as a former "baseball-testimony". dont work your bRaIn tOo HaRd ToDaY.....(patch A.K.A. denise)