Friday, July 22, 2011

iPods and 8-Tracks

How many of you have heard of 8-tracks? How many have ever owned one? How about an iPod? I don't think I ever owned an 8-track or the player. Of course, many of my friends did. I never liked how the songs would pause or fade out when the cartridge moved between tracks. I went from vinyl to cassettes. Now, yes, I do have an iPod, although none of our cars has a connector to plug directly into. In my car, I have a cassette player and use that to connect an iPod. In the Jeep, we have to use one of those FM broadcast things to play the iPod over the radio.

What made me think of this? Today's CoV topic.

OK, we've got a U-Haul trailer reserved to move Alison tomorrow. We also have Dad's SUV reserved to pull the trailer. Since it will be reaching 107F or so by the afternoon, I hope to get the heavy lifting out of the way as early as possible. We may go over and stage the boxes and stuff tonight. We are moving about 40 miles, so I hope to carry it all in a single trip.

My boss is taking a few days off to visit San Francisco. To help me not miss him too much, he sent me several action items last night that need to get done by Monday. Isn't he considerate? I already don't miss him, and I have not even started on the tasks yet.

One thing the assignments have done, though, is distract me from creative things to say in today's post. So, let's all go work on the tasks from our boss' so we won't miss them over the weekend. Plus, I need to think ahead for new CoV ideas. Have a good one.

2 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

I put an 8-track player in the 1970 Impala I drove in high school and also had one in my bedroom at home. The manufacturer of at least one of these devices, if not both, was ... wait for it ... Craig. We tooled around east Dallas to the tunes of Chicago, Crosby/Stills/Nash, Black Sabbath (very briefly), James Taylor ...

Lewis said...

Craig, I remember well the "Craig" manufactured 8-track tape players. I installed one in my 1960's era Camaro. It was a piece of junk (the car and all 8-track players) but, back then, if we had a ride and some music, we thought we were cool.