Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Live Like You Were Dying

Have you ever heard the Tim McGraw song "Live Like You Were Dying?" I heard it today and it is really deep and introspective. It does remind us to count our blessings and be a blessing to others while we can. You never know when the Lord will call you home, or call home someone you love.

Have you ever helped someone move and it seems to go on forever? I think we have finally finished getting Alison moved, but who knows? We had to go do some touch-up painting at her old place, as well as clean the garage floor. Luckily, it was epoxied, so the cleanup was easier than a concrete floor.

Have you ever seen the television program "Platinum Hit?" While I don't like any of the songs well enough to download them, it is interesting how they can create a song and arrange it in less than 8 hours. Anyway, I found the McGraw song because Pat (at work) mentioned keeping the customer satisfied and I thought of the Simon and Garfunkel song of the same name which led me to "The Boxer" and I said I liked the lyrics and Pat (at work) said she liked the words to "Live Like You Were Dying" and we had to listen to both songs. How was that for a nice run-on sentence?

Have you ever seen my cartoon about the heat wave? Probably not, since I just wrote it this morning. I'll share, though.

Have you ever had to cover while your boss was on vacation? I am doing that now and I have to draw up our new PMO org chart by tomorrow morning, which is before the boss returns. So, I received a number of updates overnight and I want to get them incorporated so I can have the managers review it before I publish it.

Have you ever been reading someone's blog and they just ended it abruptly?

1 comment:

SuzieQ said...

Oh, my!! Since when you have listened to country music!! There are many country songs that make you think like this one does. About time with your daughter or grandaughters: Trace Adkins "Just Fishin". For time passing quickly: Kenny Chesney "Don't Blink". And being happy with what you have: Kenny Chesney "Never Wanted Nothin More" and Mongomery Gentry's "Lucky Man". for those we miss: Justin Moore "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away". Oh and for humor, you minght give a listen to Jason and the Long Roda to Love "Pray for You"...you can watch them all on YouTube. I have more :)...My word verification for this post is ammens...hmmmm...