Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is It Wigs or Whigs?

You already know that words and the sound of words fascinates me. So, in researching the Whig political party for today's Clarity of Vision, I toyed with using those two sound-a-likes as part of the joke, but it didn't really fit. Did you know that the Whig party only lasted from the 1840s-1860s? I did not. I did remember that Lincoln started as a Whig, but became a Republican before getting elected. OK, enough teasing you. Go ahead and read today's CoV.

Again, I forgot to upload any more vacation photos. I took more than one. Really.

I am hoping to talk to my boss today. As part of the re-org, I moved down a level and I am not sure that helps the security of my job. I will see what his longer-term plans are for me and maybe consider looking within the company.

We got a new controller for our cable box and the buttons are moved around and relabeled just enough that I get confused. Still, I cannot imagine moving back to the days before DVRs. Using up 12 or so minutes every hour for commercials feels so painful.

Kathie's teaching certification is coming up for renewal next year, so we worked on compiling and evaluating her training hours last night. She will easily have enough hours by the time she send in the paperwork mid-year. We used Excel to track the courses and clock hours and dates.

I recently found an interesting website called pinterest.com that lets you capture photos of ideas from around the web and share them with friends. So, I signed up (of course, it's free!) and when I checked yesterday, I saw Brenda and Lindsay had found me and linked to me. Now, we'll see if I stay with it. I do have some cool ideas saved, so it could prove useful.

It being Thursday, I have the 8:30am meeting that I lead coming up, and I have not finished creating the agenda. I need to release the agenda by 8am, so I need to quit writing to you and start writing for the meeting. Thanks for staying with me.

1 comment:

Brenda Walker said...

I love Pinterest! I just found it a few weeks ago and can get lost on the site for hours. Now if I can just get off the internet and make some of the ideas