Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Wow, we have already finished the first decade of a new millennium. That is just crazy talk. What's next? Another decade?

It seems like there was something I meant to write last week and decided to include in today's post, but I don't remember. Whatever it was must have stayed in the first decade when I came over into the new one. I kept the nursery during church yesterday. I had the one year old class, but they did bring in Kendall. Someone else came in and changed diapers, so that helped. So far, I have not been to church all year.

I have a doctor's appointment today to have a cardiac score done. According to web research, it is a CT scan of the heart to check for calcium buildup. It sounds like an important part of a health workup, right? Still, they warned me that insurance does not pay for it. I have my stress test on Wednesday. I have, of course, had no symptoms of problems and yet I am apprehensive about the stress test. Weird, I tell you.

We had a game night on NYE, but only played a few games because the girls were staying up with us. Well, maybe more than a few games if you count hide and seek and firework lighting. Then, we had a game day on New Year's Day over at the folks. Bang made an appearance for the first time in a while. The outlaws won.

It seems our short workweeks are over for a little while. That is a shame, but not as abrupt as teachers who were off for two weeks and now go back for five whole days this week.

And for the first time in a couple of weeks, I hear computer startup sounds around me before 7am. I guess I'll get going on work stuff, especially since I will be out for a while with my medical procedure. Y'all are probably busy too, since you have not been at work for a while. Go ahead and get started. We've got all year to catch up with each other. In fact, let's schedule some time for tomorrow.

Oh, I almost forgot. Clarity of Vision is still around. Check it out before you check out of the blog.

I just remembered. I'll tell you tomorrow about how I almost got caught in a craigslist scam. Uh huh. I've piqued your interest now, haven't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

naahhh, i saw a pic of some guy who the police were chasing in florida who stole a bunch of electronic stuff + he had a computer which showed all the places he had hit and a secret "craigs-list" list was found of all the secret santa shopping he did for the year....of course he name was randee walker. yeah, it was the wrong walker dude! well hope your test will be on the normal side, do they have a brain scan to add to that? ooopss you said insurance doesnt pay for things like that....we now have new insurance for $100 less a month, will use it for the 1st time thursday for pats device check to see if there has been activity. wow, 2 years of "COV" sounds like waaaayyy to many drugs randy, you better have a drug test to! better go & continue reading .....