Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Post 838

No, there is nothing special that I can think of about the number 838. I just happened to notice that tidbit as I logged in this morning. So, I have reached out to you, my public, some 838 times so far in the last five years. That's only about 170 times per year. Where is the other 200 days per year? Well, I did start mid-year in 2005. OK, no excuses. I did not used to post daily like I do now. With the introduction of Clarity of Vision, I am much more consistent during work days.

Just a few hours until I am forced to exercise like an automaton. The handout from the doctor's office says they will review the results with me today, so I will see what is implied by the Exercise Stress Test. Then, I just need to have a followup blood test and my cardiologist will have all the data he has asked for. Hopefully, he'll say, "OK, that's enough for now. Come back in 5 or 10 years."

Speaking of exercise...

I got another email from the "alleged" computer scammer yesterday. It seems his grammar is getting worse. Oh wait. I just checked and it seems I got another email today. Here it is:
Hello

I write this email in hope that you are still a real person as I thought at the beginning of the transaction.
I trusted you at first, I paid my money in about 80 gbp for delivery charges at Chronopost, I lost time on the road that I think of dealing with a serious buyer and not a liar.
I could find another buyer but i trusted in you. Now my product is in a Chronopost custody and they expect the payment to begin delivery.
Please do your part by understanding that we can successfully conclude this transaction.Please go today to MoneyGram offices in the town to pay you the amount negotiated for this product.
Please send me email after payment has made and your Chronopost informed about the details of payment.
Thank you in advance

Well, what do you think. Real person or the last gasps of a con man trying to get my money? It doesn't matter. I think I can live with myself.

There was a little frozen something on my car this morning. I wonder what it was? I had to use the heater and the wipers to clean it off the windshield.

OK, I am struggling to find anything else to share. That means I need to pack up and move on. Probably, by tomorrow, I will have something else to write about. Check back and decide for yourself.

4 comments:

Lewis said...

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-329787.html
Check this out. If it does not work, Google "Chronopost Craigslist" and it should come up as the first item on the list. Is this your good buddy from Europe?

CrazyUncle said...

Not the same name, but yes, the exact same scam. The name sending me emails is Rhys McCarthy.

SuzieQ said...

Glad you figured this out before you gave them any money. Here is some helpful scamming information http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.

Anonymous said...

chronopost? maybe should be "chrono-liar"; "chrono-logical error". my "chrono-meter" says he is in some kinda time warp? better yet should be deserving of title A.K.A- CoN-aRtIsT....we all have done some type of time-warp brain action, just another learning experience in life! at least the still small voice inside you pulled the reins back & said "whoa-nelly" sompthen aint right here mate... i think the word (discernment) comes to mind which is the conclusion i have come to. see i knew watching those CSI shows would come in handy someday!