Thursday, January 13, 2011

Where's My Tennis Shoes?

Wow, it is so crazy busy right now at work. I really should be wearing tennies because I am running from one activity to the next. Still, it is better than not having anything to do and way better than not being employed. So, let's get on to the heart of today's ramblings and then get to work.

One of the things I have to do at work today is make a presentation on using the project tracking software we use (HP PPM). However, since I have a Macbook Pro, I cannot connect directly to the projector without a special piece of hardware called a dongle. Kind of a funny word, right? Well, I thought it was and made it the heart of today's Clarity of Vision.
Another thing I must do today is the weekly Thursday 8:30am meeting. for that, I do not need a dongle, but I do need to create the slide deck. That takes maybe 45 minutes each Thursday am.

Did you watch The Cape this week? It must be from a graphic novel, and in fact, they reference that graphic novel as part of the story. It had some clever stuff, but I don't know if it will make it. I liked it more than KHW.

I have to tell the group today if I am going to The Price Is Right next week. No, I do not know my answer yet. It comes down to weighing whether $150 or so is more important or being part of a group shared experience and doing something I may never have the chance to do again. Hmm. Maybe LPW is right and it is about whether or not I really like my team? Well, we will all know my decision tomorrow.

Today's trivia question: Which letter in the Greek alphabet is represented by a symbol that resembles a pitchfork? Here's a hint: it is the 23rd letter. Give up? Psi.

Isn't it good news about the AZ Congresswoman opening her eyes yesterday? As you can imagine, this is big news for the country and is still dominating all of our state news. So, keep the entire situation in your prayers that God can reach lives through it somehow.

Patch, we'll keep your situations in our prayers, too.


Mark, the SD card is finally actually in the mail. So sorry for how long it took to return it, but it was a lifesaver for carrying a large number of photos easily. And it made me upgrade my own card to a higher capacity faster writing card.

The Legend in My Own Mind's ramblings have come to an end. I have already had two conversations about the project UAT (User Acceptance Testing) that I am assisting with, and I still have two meetings that I must prepare for. Don't I sound important? No, it's more like "Hey, somebody's got to do this stuff. Stick REW with it." Anyway, you're probably important doing whatever it is you do, too. So, let's all go do it and we can commiserate about things tomorrow.

No comments: