Monday, January 10, 2011

Visiting Snow And Then Coming Home

After having lived in Dallas and PHX for the majority of my life, I have become accustomed to being able to drive and visit snow and play, but then come home and leaving it behind. We cruised up to Flagstaff on Saturday to play in the snow and sled with KLIK. Then, we drove back to the desert and faced the temps in the lower 60s. No commute problems due to snow or ice, no scraping windshields, no worry about layering of clothes. I cannot imagine living in that type of climate for very long. We ate at Beaver Street Brewery. No, I did not say we drank there, just ate. Very good food if you want to try it next time you are there.

Did you watch any of the football games this weekend? College? NFL? I did a little, but only in passing. I have not decided about tonight's BCS game yet (played right here in PHX, at University of PHX stadium).

So, the work group is planning a trip to L.A. next weekend to attend a taping of The Price Is Right the following Monday. I have not decided if I will accompany them or not. Since there will be at least 15 of us, we are (almost) guaranteed that one of us will be chosen. What would you do? I don't know the final price yet. They will rent a bus, reserve a number of rooms, and plan the weekend events this week.

I had an idea about a Clarity of Vision cartoon last night, but then I forgot it and stuck you with this one. No, this was my thought from last night. I was just messing with you.

We had a Chorale concert last night. I went pretty well, although the good audience helped it flow better than i expected. We did not have much time for practice since our Christmas concert, so a couple of songs were a little ragged. It was still fun, though.

I have a new Trivia calendar for 2011. Today's factoid: Who was pictured in the very first Apple Computer logo?

BTW, Denise T, the card game is called Monopoly Deal from Hasbro and is sold at your local Target. Well, that's where we got ours.

Sorry. I got distracted. It was Sir Isaac Newton in 1976. The logo, showing Newton sitting beneath an apple tree, was used only for the Apple 1 computer. It was replaced almost immediately with a rainbow-colored apple with a bite taken out of it.

I have already been interrupted twice by a coworker asking real work questions. What's up with that? What's up with that? So, I am going into a conference room with him and only one of us will walk out. That's right. He has to stay and be available to the team for questions, and I can come and go as needed. Ha ha. I caught you off guard with that statement, didn't I? It does mean, though, that I will close today's post and leave you wanting more. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration. I'll see you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

I think you should definitely go...a once in a lifetime type of trip! Unless you don't like your co-workers :)

Craig Weeks said...

And now Lindsay has put you in the position on your *public* blog of having no choice but to make the trip.

CoV: IT humor. Arr!

SuzieQ said...

I would say you should NOT risk being there to be chosen because you don't know the final price...and it is important to know prices!!! Okay - go ahead and go...but pay attention and bid a $1 if you know the rest of them are too high or bid one dollar higher if you know they are too low!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the info on the game....since i am the designated game-depot its nice to actually think of buying a new game to play with kylee. if 1 of the people in your clan get picked make sure they show fingers for the price...its like a football game noise wise, i'm guessing? since i know your bro is a preacher please have him pray for my dad-having colon surgery today-is near death if its not successful+he is a heart patient & is almost age-72. i will be at chorale tonight but not mentally....piano/singing is always soothing for me. pray for Gods guidance+my dads recovering(if there will be one) well better run as i have dads papers to look over for his will. thank-you for praying in my dads behalf. "patch"