Thursday, January 06, 2011

It's Official

OK, I have finished all my cardiac/cholesterol test except a final blood test. I plan to go for that today before I can eat anything. They did find some calcium (read: cholesterol) buildup in an artery from the Cardiac Score. The ultrasound showed that valves and pumps of the heart are all functioning normally. Yesterday's stress test showed no beat irregularities during the 9:20 before I reached 105% of my maximum heart rate. So, I am now (and the doc says probably forever) on Lipitor. I had hoped they would let me try to control it using diet and exercise, but they want to reduce the existing buildup, and that cannot be done without medication. Yeah, it is better that we find this and correct it now rather than after a cardiac problem occurs.

Isn't that the cuss? Speaking of cuss...

The folks went to see True Grit and loved it. I do want to see it, so we'll need to do that in the next couple of weeks. Of course, it is not like delaying will prevent me from knowing the story and the ending, since it is a remake of a 1969 movie. Can Jeff Bridges replace John Wayne? The Duke? We shall see.

The next couple of weeks are shaping up to be busy as we prepare for changes to our project tracking system. We've got to finish the testing and update/create documentation for the different roles that will use it. They told me I'd better wear tennis shoes everyday because we will be moving fast. Good. That will make the days pass quickly.

How's the new year treating you? Did you make any resolutions? I did not do any officially, but I do know I need to eat better and exercise more. Hmm. Now that I am on cholesterol medicine, can I eat anything I want and let the pills control it? Well, not grapefruit, I know. No, I need to take care of myself. So do you, so don't be looking down your nose at me. Yes, I saw you.

The company added back in some of a benefit they removed last year. They will now provide a 43% discount to spouses who want to continue their education. That is the same percentage they provide employees (for those courses not approved as part of a company-specific degree or above the maximum annual allotment). So, we will investigate whether or not to have KHW go back for her Masters.

No computer yet, but a link SKS provided in yesterday's comments shows that even craigslist says don't buy until you can see the whites of their eyes (well, those weren't the exact words, but that's what they meant).

If I am so busy, why am I still writing you? Good question. And it is time to prepare for the weekly Thursday 8:30am meeting anyway. I am lacing up my tennies now, so I'll run back by here tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

Ok, I see the acronyms but where does ROTFL come from? or is it just to add in another acronym that you don't mind spelling out?

SuzieQ said...

I was not Rolling On The Floor Laughing, but I was looking down my nose because I had not scrolled the page up...How many of you hear people say O-M-G...like it is a three syllable word? I guess acronyms are such a big part of our business, that I cannot complain: AR, PM, BKM, IT, BCP, DR... we have an entire Dictionary published online. My teacher daughter says some of her kids write papers using acronyms...I am shocked...of course, that coming from someone who has no loss for words in person or in writing...

Anonymous said...

hmmmm lipitor is 1 of pats 14 meds he takes; he has had a ICD in him for 4 years going on 5 soon (internal cardiac device) he had a test yesterday to check his heart rate. resolutions: 1 was to try out a blog? after seeing "Julie & Julia" movie... & some strange guy who has a blog called " a legend in his mind" well...it states his frame of mind, of course in grand-kids mind am sure too. #2 res. is probably eating more healthy & eating smaller portions; eating more salads which is hard to top this one! of course i made the resolutions for someone else in the process...he is trying to report me to the food police? can you believe it? nahhh i wouldnt try & change him...