Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2011 is Well Underway Now

Hey, you came back. I was not sure you wanted to hear any of the stories I mentioned yesterday. Or maybe you did not read yesterday's and arrived here blissfully ignorant of my rampant verbosity. Well, let's get started.

I recently thought I had found a good deal on a computer through craigslist PHX. So, I contacted the seller and said I was interested. He responded that he was currently in the U.K., but would employ a multi-national shipping company as a go-between for us. I mentioned this in a previous post, and a nephew said he almost got burned in a craigslist scam and that I should be careful. So, I worked with my Preacher Bro and we found stories of scams on the interweb with this same seller's name, and even the same verbiage from the craiglist posting, but in Baltimore. So, I wrote to the seller, to the shipping company, and to craigslist saying this seemed like a scam and I would not follow through. The seller wrote again saying there were no worries since he had the shipping company in the middle. Still, for me, it feels too risky. So, I am still looking.

We recently saw The Social Network at the theater. As previous comments mentioned, it is a very good movie, and the presentation moving back and forth between legal proceedings and the movie about the founder really facilitated it. We also went to see Gulliver's Travels with the GRANDS and that was fun...if you like Jack Black movies. We do, so it was good. And on TV, we saw Shutter Island. That was pretty good, too. Also on TV, we saw the musical Nine. That was not pretty good. It was horrible.

Speaking of computers, that is the subject of the Clarity of Vision comic strip today.

So, I had the heart CT yesterday. It is kind of like an MRI machine, but is not fully enclosed. So, this weird rotating camera kept going around and around while they moved the platform back and forth to get a 3D image of the heart to measure calcium buildup. They send the info to my cardiologist for review, so I don't know the results yet. Tomorrow is the treadmill stress test. Then, one more blood test and I can see how healthy I am (or not).

Have I bored you enough for today? Is anybody even still reading at this point? I know I am not. Oh, hey, I talked to the guard, Erick, this morning about his prowess in the kitchen. He said he has not had time to cook recently, but he likes it because it builds patience. So, for him, I guess James 1:3 (Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience) is better stated as Erick 1:3 (Knowing this, that the frying of your cake worketh patience).

OK, my allotment of time for the daily brain dump has come to an end. Of course, there will be more tomorrow. 'Til then, I am, as I ever was, and ever will be, yours. (from the musical 1776, which I did not watch this week).

3 comments:

Lewis said...

Fried cake sounds good, although probably not very heart healthy. Apparently, I did not eat enough breakfast today. The computer deal does not. You are smart to walk/run away from that one.

Zachary said...

Well, I am sorry that the computer thing did not work out for you. I am happy that you didn't get burned. The guy that I worked with went so far as to send me a fairly realistic looking money order long after I had say I wouldn't work with him. Hope you are able to find a nice machine for a good price!

Anonymous said...

havent taken time to proof-read some of your earlier "work" or i should say thoughts? comic strips? what exactly is your title? no worries mate, it all sounds good! as for the cake: sounds to me like the wrong diagnosis was made; was he following a do-nut recipe? or better yet "fritters" hope you didnt sample some of these "heart-cloggers"...well better find something else to read...hmmm now that you mentioned food, a chocolate bar sounds good! will pray the results will be good with your heart.