Friday, January 21, 2011

Almost PIR Time

Here in the the Phoenix area, PIR is the local abbreviation for PHX International Raceway (why international? I don;t know). However, my title refers to The Price Is Right. Yep, we leave in two days. How serious is the team manager that organized this for us? Well, we are having a lunch today to cover travel logistics, T-shirt preparation, and I think, some game strategies. I hope that the unofficial rule of ensuring one of a 15+ group will be chosen is accurate.

Kathie is going with KLIK to Disney on Ice tonight. I know they will have fun. I will either do a little cleanup in the garage or do some work getting ready for the training classes next week. We'll see what I get through today.

Monday, there will be no post and no CoV. However, I do have one for today. Another in the auto-complete series.
After I left a meeting in another building yesterday afternoon, I decided to go on home and do some work on the training docs there. I had my laptop, so I was ready...I thought. Yes, it did boot OK. Yes, Powerpoint opened as expected. I did have the computer power cord with me. So, why are you thinking I have a "but..." coming? Of course, you are right. I was all set, but I had saved the file on the network drive at work and not on my local machine. I need to get VPN configured on this Mac before I can work remotely as if I was at my desk.

Kathie pinkie is, if not better, at least no worse. There is some slight swelling on the pads of the little finger and ring finger. Still no discoloration, so that is good. And she said that she would totally forget it was hurt during the day until she bumped it or something. So, we are still self-diagnosing and self-treating for now. She doesn't need that finger for any PIR games, right?

It is early, but I need to get cracking on the documentation I need to prepare. And I already have 3.5 hrs of meetings eating up almost half of my day. So, why don't you talk about how much you like or dislike the President's policies and I will slip out of the room while you are distracted. See you Tuesday.

No comments: