Friday, January 15, 2010

Whew! Almost Forgot My Title Again

For the Phoenix area, winter storms mean lightning (yes, it is spelled correctly. Lightening is a different meaning), some thunder, and occasional rain. For the one that just passed through, we got maybe 5 minutes of rain, no thunder, and some lightning. Still, it spooked Morris. So, he turned into the vibrating dog and would not go outside to do his business.
I think I may go see the Doc today if he can fit me in. This sore throat keeps hanging, prompting some coughing. I do not want to get any family sick, and I'd like to knock this out before it gets worse. Hopefully, there is an opening this morning.

Well, the Jeep is fixed...again. I told the repair dude that I hoped to not see him for at least a couple of weeks this time. Still, I suspect he has me tentatively pencilled in for next Wed.

The folks head out today for Uncle Frank's funeral on Sunday. I think this bothers me more than expected because of the realization that Dad and his siblings are at the age where it could happen to any of them. And by extension, to any of us, or even me. Yes, I know that "To live is Christ, to die is gain," but it is still a sobering thought.

Wow. I did not know I was going to tell you that. Let's lighten things up a bit. We are going out to KLIKs (Kyle, Lyndsay, Isabella, Kendall) for dinner and haircuts tonight. Yup. Lyndsay's mother will be giving everyone a haircut after dinner. Maybe this can become a new business like Tupperware parties or something. "Cooking and a Cut"? "Snack and a Snip"?

What's up for your weekend? I don't know of any firm plans, so we'll just go with the flow.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I know what you mean about the "sobering thought." Well, thanks for lightening things up a bit in paragraph 5.

By the way, did you hear Katie Ellyn and Justin got dog? Some sort of little chihuahua/beagle mix that's probably going to stay tiny. It likely won't work for a whole-bed vibration, but maybe for a compact-Lazy-Boy!