Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Instant Classics

When I chose today's CoV topic, I started thinking about which group should be mentioned in the final panel. I toyed with Mmm Mmm Mmm by the Crash Test Dummies and Mah Na Mah Na by the Muppets, but landed here.
So, yes, we definitely played Beatles Rock Band on the Wii over the holidays. Kyle and Lyndsay have it now, although they need to get a Bass guitar. We also played some Mario Brothers game, although I seemed to be the least adept at it and received many rude comments. I did much better at Toy Story.

I received Pictureka, but we have not played that yet. Other games included Think Alike (You read a list of 6 items, one person writes a related word and tried to make their team guess the new word) and Catchphrase (How would you get someone to guess Dog-Eat-Dog without using words?) and Ticket To Ride: The Card Game (Dad won in his first time to ever play it).

What is going on? It turns out that 2010 is just another year. Nothing seems different from 2009 except that we have to write a different number at the end of dates. I still have to go to work everyday. I don't know what I expected, but this is what I got. Fine. "I'm taking what they're giving 'cause I'm working for a living." Hey, who sang that?

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

sounds like our Christmas and New Years. Justin got Beatles rock band and super mario. Justin and I are about to beat mario...just one bowser left.