Thursday, January 07, 2010

Senior Bennies

The weather map looked awfully cold across the mid-section of the country today. Sure enough, we will only reach 69F today. I have already had to wear my windbreaker twice this winter. I say Bah Humbug to global warming. I wonder if any scientists have falsified their findings?

I have my review today, so I wrote a preemptive Clarity of Vision.
No photos, no reason. I just forgot. I always remember the next morning when I am writing this at my desk at work.

After sales and coupons last night at the grocery store, we spent $150 and saved $70. Not too bad, right? And, finally, a little payback for joining the ranks of older people. On the first Wednesday of each month, 'seniors' over 55 get an additional 10% savings. Cool. Another $15 off. I'll take it, even if I am labelled a senior.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

Not supposed to get above 28F in the Big D today. Good thing I only have to walk from my door to the car and then through the garage to the office.

Craig Weeks said...

I was in a McDonald's with my then 12-year-old daughter once and got the senior discount without even being asked. I guess I looked pretty darn old to that little something-teen behind the counter. She must have thought I was with my granddaughter.