Thursday, April 30, 2009

Luke (Skywalker, not the Physician)


So, I branched out into potential movie tie-ins today. No, I paid no royalties. There will be no guest appearances in my strip (that I know of right now). Still, we shall see. Thinking of Clarity of Vision, I do slant it towards my team and work environment, but as you read it, feel free to translate the ideas into your work situations. It should usually still apply. Yes, even preachers.

We dropped by to see Dad in the hospital last night. The dude just wanted to have a chance to sit and read, so they let him have a room for the night. Since he was there anyway, they stuck a needle in his arm and called it macaroni. Sorry. I branched into potential music tie-ins for a second. He is on an antibiotic drip to try and clear up his arm infection so he can resume chemo. Please pray for a quick recovery.

Alison has been called to substitute teach all this week. That's great news, but still keep praying for a job for her. She finishes her masters on May 12.

I didn't run last night for 6-1/2 miles. Whew! I am tired just thinking about what I did not do. Maybe tonight, I can not run for 8 or so miles.

OK, silliness aside, let's end with a little prayer from Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

4 comments:

Keith said...

What a coincidence! I didn't run for 6-1/2 miles last night, too!

By the way, there are times when a light saber would really come in handy in full-time ministry.

Craig Weeks said...

Can anyone say "deacon meeting"? Cattle prod would be a good Plan B.

Caleb said...

It would seem that a guest appearance would be somewhat simple. Just shuffle the sentence order and add some ears to the guy on the right there...

Zoda said...

See your point, I do, Young Future Preacher! Funny, you try to be Uncle Randy.