Thursday, April 09, 2009

For the Young Whippersnappers

Remember the old NBC tagline, "If you haven't seen it, it's new to you?" Well, there is a new channell on Cox Cable called retro Television or something like that. It shows old programs such as Quicy, Airwolf, It Takes a Thief. Kids, these may be new to you. OK, some look a little dated, but there's not always something new on you want to see, so check these out.

Speaking of old shows, that is (coincidentally) the theme of today's Clarity of Vision. Weird.


Dad has his first round of chemo yesterday. He liked it so much that he is going in for more today. Perhaps that is an overstatement. Actually, they gave him a single drug yesterday and watched for allergic reactions. today is a mix of three additional drugs. Then, beginning in three weeks, they will slip him the full mixture all at once. If his hair falls out, instead of a wig, I recommend he get fake hair tatooed on his head. Maybe eyebrows and lashes, too. What do you think? I am not sure how he could replace his cowlick, though.

I haven't gotten copies of the photos yet. Carey has pictures of R.L.Turner, the high school we all attended. She has photos of two of the houses we lived in while in Farmer's Branch. We also drove by the Jr. High and Elementary (since renamed) that I attended. We attended the church where we grew up, too. It was a great service, and I saw some people I haven't seen in over 30 years. We all had to introduce ourselves, since we did look a little different.

5 comments:

Zachary said...

Sounds like a fun reunion. I was thinking G-Dad ought to get one of those really bad toupees that Uncle Rick claims he can spot from a mile away. That would certainly be more fun for the rest of the family!

Lindsay Ward said...

You were the uncle I mentioned in my post...did I see another one? I only have 2 :) I like your cartoon. I'm impressed you have so many ideas.

CrazyUncle said...

You saw both Uncle Keith and myself, Lindsay. So, since you mentioned an aunt also, I guessed you tied those together as Keith and Kim, leaving me bereft of notice.

Lindsay Ward said...

I didn't see Keith and Kim. So the aunt was Carey and the uncle you. I wish I had seen them but I had to be at the marathon.

Keith said...

This is a courtesy announcement that there is a new WEBNET site now available: thepahrumppreacher.blogspot.com